Welcome to the Hampshire Interfaith Network
Hampshire Interfaith Network
We have identified two important objectives in building a more respectful interfaith community for working towards a better civil society across Hampshire. The Network
- promotes mutual understanding between people of faith through their various representatives.
- liaises with public service providers to help facilitate better service delivery to hard to reach persons within those faith communities.
We hope you will find the site of interest, but should you require further information then please do contact us. The Interfaith movement is gaining in momentum and we wish to help and support any faith and community groups who need our help in Hampshire.
Photo right: Cllr Keith Mans, newly elected Co-chair at Sept 2010 AGM who replaces Cllr Roy Perry.
The objective of Hampshire Interfaith Network (HIN) is the promotion of interfaith understanding, enhancing harmony between faiths for the benefit of the people of Hampshire.
Our purpose and aims
To promote religious harmony and understanding for the benefit of the people of Hampshire by
- encouraging and promoting the knowledge, and respecting the beliefs and practices of religious faiths and denominations and further recognising and respecting common ground among the religious but also their unique characteristics
- Consulting and co-operating in social and racial issues and other
matters of material concern
- To sustain and strengthen community harmony
- Developing channels of communication, reaching all age groups,
especially young people
- Enhancing understanding of issues faced by different faith communities.